Employee volunteering, where staff at all levels donate time and skills during work hours to tackle local social issues, is an effective and powerful way for businesses to invest in their people and local communities. Our vision is to make employee volunteering culturally normal.
Business in the Community also celebrates the work of businesses that make positive changes to their communities through practical action, including through the new Inspiring Social Action in Young People Award. In this, the Award's first year, we have awarded five Big Ticks.
What we ask of business
- That all businesses recognise the transformational power of employee volunteering
- That all businesses offer their employees the opportunity to volunteer during work time
- That businesses encourage and recognise the value of youth social action
What we offer
- Clear routes for businesses to engage with communities through employee volunteering, through our programmes
- A raised profile for employee volunteering, through our Give & Gain Day of national volunteering
- Brokerage services matching businesses with appropriate volunteering opportunities
- Advice and guidance on how businesses can develop their volunteering strategy