Launched at Responsible Business Week, click here to read more about our narrative and emerging offer.
The Forces for Change is a framework to help you understand today’s radically changing world and synthesise the breadth of complex, fast changing, interdependent factors shaping the business landscape.
Our ambition is for every company to prosper by offering products and services that make a known and proportionate contribution towards the delivery of high quality and sustainable lifestyles for all the people its business model touches.
What is it?
Marketplace sustainability is about transforming business models to make them more sustainable for a changing world. In this context, every business should take action on the following key areas:
- Global Mega-Trends (includes BITC’s ‘Forces for Change);
- Sustainable production (includes Supply chain; Innovation; and Environment
- Sustainable consumption (includes Customer engagement; and Employee engagement; and Resilience and recovery.
Why is it relevant to business?
Business leaders must develop their thinking and challenge conventional business models to ensure their business prospers by responding in the right way, and at the right time, to both the challenges of today’s world of 7 billion people and to the world of 9 billion people forecast for 2050; the ‘9 billion challenge’.
Those businesses that engage with the ‘9 billion challenge’ will achieve real benefits for their operations including first mover advantage, reduced costs, increased competitiveness, greater resilience and the opportunity to help shape policies and public opinion, as well as personal legacy for business leaders.
- Think about long term global mega-trends and how they will affect your business
- Test new ideas, products/services and business models
- Build these new concepts across your business
- Membership of a dynamic and interactive network of companies working together to address the 9 billion challenge
- Bespoke consultancy to identify how best to integrate consideration of global mega-trends and sustainable solutions in your business model