A one-day conference sharing innovative policies and practices. What will it take for inclusive growth to benefit people and places left behind by previous approaches?
Jospeh Rowntree Foundation in collaboration with Business in the Community Scotland, The RSA and NHS Health Scotland are hosting this conference to discuss how inclusive growth can contribute to solving poverty in Scotland.
The enhanced powers of devolution and the development of City-Region and growth deals means that Scotland has the opportunity to deliver a more inclusive economy where everyone benefits.
Following recent Scottish Council elections and the UK General Election this one-day conference will convene a range of people and organisations to share learning on how inclusive growth can become a reality through policy development and integrated working.
The conference has over 30 speakers who will share their skills, knowledge and ideas.
Chair: Douglas Fraser, BBC Business and Economy Editor, Scotland.
- Oumar Akram, Development & Engagement Officer - Employability & Apprenticeship programme, BEMIS
- Charlotte Alldritt, Director of Public Services and Communities, RSA
- David Coyne, Senior Policy Advisor on Employability, Fair Work and Labour Market Strategy, Skills Development Scotland
- Professor Patricia Findlay, Director, Scottish Centre for Employment Research; Department of Human Resource Management
- Andrew Fraser, Director of Public Health Science, NHS Health Scotland
- Dr. Gary Gillespie, Director and Chief Economist, Scottish Government
- Mike Hawking, Partnerships Manager (Cities), Joseph Rowntree Foundation
- Dave Innes, Policy and Research Manager (Economics), Joseph Rowntree Foundation
- Uzma Khan, Acting Deputy Director for Scotland's Economic Strategy, Office of the Chief Economic Adviser, Scottish Government
- Mark McAllister, Organisational Lead for Strategic Development, NHS Health Scotland
- Des McNulty, Deputy Director, Policy Scotland and Dean, Public Policy and Knowledge Exchange, University of Glasgow
- Elma Murray, Chief Executive, North Ayrshire Council
- Tony Quinn, Chief Executive, GEMAP Scotland
- Satwat Rehman, Director, One Parent Families Scotland
- Campbell Robb, Chief Executive, Joseph Rowntree Foundation.
- Katie Schmuecker, Head of Policy, Joseph Rowntree Foundation
- Dr. Emma Stone, Director of Policy and Research, Joseph Rowntree Foundation
- Dr. David Waite, Research Associate - Urban Studies and Policy Scotland, University of Glasgow
- Allan Watt, Director - Scotland, The Prince's Trust Scotland
- Jane Wood, Executive Director of Membership and Nations, Business in the Community
More speakers will be added as they are confirmed.
If you would like to attend please email email@example.com with your expression of interest.