Is your organisation winning for women?
The entry process for the Awards for Excellence and The Times Top 50 Employers for Women 2015 process is now open.
One single process, two opportunities to receive national recognition for your organisations equality / diversity and inclusion initiatives.
For comprehensive entry details visit - How to Enter the Opportunity Now Awards 2015
Our Opportunity Now campaign aims to increase women's success at work, because it is good for business and good for society. We work to to share and inspire best practice and to give employers and their people the tools to drive change.
“ The appetite for accelerating change towards a better gender balance at all levels of a company has never been greater. Achieving this is proving much harder, however. By working together through Opportunity Now, we can better identify the issues that remain, share real levers of change and improve the rate of progress to the point where both businesses and women truly benefit. ”
Diversity is good for business. It should not be seen as just the right thing to do. Barriers to women's progress in the workplace must be tackled if every individual is to have the opportunity to reach their full potential.
- Women have to balance work and family: 82% of women recognise this as a barrier but just 54% of men
- Women are seen as less committed to work because they often have family commitments: 57% of women recognise this as a barrier but just 20% of men
- Lack of senior or visibly successful female role model: 52% of women recognise this as a barrier but just 26% of men
- Stereotyping and preconceptions of women's roles and abilities: 49% of women recognise this as a barrier but just 14% of men
- Personal style differences: 48% of women recognise this as a barrier but just 21% of men