Is education set up to fail on delivering the skills that business needs for the 21st Century?
This year’s education symposium will debate the ever widening gap between what business believes is important in terms of the skills ofthe future workforce and what the education system is measured on in terms of success. The symposium will demonstrate that developing core competencies and supporting young people to attain qualifications is not mutually exclusive.
What the day will explore
- Leadership development in schools and the world of work – the mutuality that can be achieved on this agenda through working in partnership.
- How to embed core competencies into education and the role that business can play in supporting the development of these skills.
- Why skills development is so important in disadvantaged communities and how business can respond to the place based challenge – building on and celebrating 10 years of Business Class.
We want delegates to have the opportunity to hear from experts and opinion formers in this field and to debate the challenge that we face as a nation to ensure that business is fit for purpose for the future and that all young people, regardless of where they are born, are able to build successful working lives.
Delegates will have the opportunity to
- Learn from our existing Business Class partnerships what they are doing to tackle the issues above and how this is delivering impact in some of the most challenged communities.
- Hear about our latest campaigns around Leadership and Skills and understand how they can get involved to make traction in these areas.
- Develop practical actions that they can take back into their businesses and schools.
- Be part of the debate around the lack of parity of skills and academic qualifications and join the call to action to do more to shift this balance.
200 people – including senior business leaders, head teachers, business practitioners, teachers, government representatives, partners and opinion formers.
Tea/coffee and lunch will be served.
For booking and for further information please contact the education team.
Please note, full venue details will be confirmed on booking.