Hosted by National Grid, this dinner for HR Directors will discuss the legal responsibility to provide a safe and effective work environment and how business has a vital role to play in society’s response to domestic abuse.
Let’s talk about domestic abuse:
- An estimated 1.9 million adults experienced domestic abuse in the last year
- 75% of those experiencing domestic abuse are targeted at work
- the cost to business is estimated at £1.9 billion a year
- Only 5% of organisations have a specific policy or guideline
- An average of 0.5 per cent disclosures over the previous 12 months
Employers owe a duty of care to employees and have a legal responsibility to provide a safe and effective work environment. Business have a vital role to play in society’s response to domestic abuse, the last workplace taboo.
Business in the Community, in partnership with Public Health England, are launching the first Domestic Abuse Toolkit for employers in July 2018, that consolidates the best evidence and employer practice.This toolkit will act as the basis for the discussion at the dinner.
The evening will begin at 6pm with a drinks reception, followed by a sit down dinner and the opportunity to listen to expert speakers on this topic. The evening will finish by 9.30pm.
This event is designed to benefit HR Directors/Chief HR officers/Personnel Directors/Chief People Officers and is free for members of Business in the Community.