Business in the Community's South West Advisory Board invites teachers to experience how to teach young people about local employment opportunities as part of the curriculum. The event will be supported by local businesses who will provide up-to-date, 'real life' local examples.
- 15:30 Refreshments and networking
- 16:00 Welcome
- 16:10 Local labour market information
- Business in the Community to give an insight to the local labour market information for South West England
- 16:40 Workshop 1
- Teachers will have a choice of attending two workshops. In each workshop, they will hear more about that role, the opportunities available and skills required. Each workshop will have an interactive activity and time for questions and answers
- 17:10 Changeover of workshop
- 17:15 Workshop 2
- Teacher to attend their second workshop
- 17:45 Curriculum projects
- Business in the Community to suggest potential curriculum projects businesses could support schools to create which incorporate careers information, real life business scenarios and skills development.
- 18:15 Q & A session and evaluation
- 18:30 Networking and nibbles
- 19:00 Close
The event will take place during Business in the Community's Responsible Business Week.
Responsible Business Week (23-27 April 2018) is an annual awareness campaign which celebrates the brighter side of business by sharing great responsible business success stories.