The government and cities across the country are developing plans to position the UK at the heart of the global strategy to create a low carbon future for the planet. This workshop aims to help equip business with key insights on how best to position themselves in an economy rapidly moving towards sustainable development.
Re-think how your business can find smart ways to create value.
World leaders recently met in Bonn to take forward their plans to move us towards the low carbon, one planet economy agreed in Paris 2 years ago. The UK Government and cities across the country are, in turn, developing plans to position the UK at the heart of this transition. As a result, there has never been a better time to re-think how your business can find smart ways to create value and capitalise on the opportunities that tackling our most pressing environmental challenges present.
Join us at our Smart Growth workshop where we will help you understand what the opportunities might be for your business and how you can create a Smart Growth plan across your value chains and in the places where you have a footprint.
The workshop will:
- Outline the principles of Smart Growth
- Outline the three areas where action can create most value: resource productivity and the circular economy; building healthy & resilient ecosystems; moving towards net zero carbon
- Explore how tackling these can underpin your contribution to the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs)
- Share practical advice, guidance and learning from leading companies
- Provide opportunities to discuss live issues and get input from your peers
The workshop is aimed at:
- Anybody who has a remit for sustainability within their organisation
- Comms, Marketing and External Affairs professionals who want to understand how to link to the SDGs in wider communications
- Operations and R&D professionals who are looking for new ways to create value
* This workshop is for Business in the Community members only and requires 1 credit.
If you have not yet renewed your membership onto Business in the Community's new membership proposition this is included in your current membership fee.