This course is based around five principles of best practice community investment. This framework provides companies with a clear system to evaluate current activity and plan future developments, both on a strategic and delivery level.
Facilitators will use company case studies to support learning and the sessions will be hosted by a CommunityMark company, who will talk about their community investment journey and how they reached excellence.
Course groups will be small and the sessions interactive, enabling companies to benefit from 1:1 support from facilitators and engagement with their peers.
Attendees will gain the skills needed to design and deliver an effective community investment strategy and programmes. By the end of the session, attendees will understand:
- How to identify social issues that are most relevant to your business and most pressing to the communities in which you work
- How to work in partnership with your communities
- How to plan and manage your community investment
- How to inspire and engage your employees, customers and suppliers
- How to measure and evaluate the difference your community activity has made for your business and for your communities
The course will focus on the following topics:
- Setting the context - the face of community investment now
- The Community Investment journey, from beginner to advanced and beyond
- The five principles of community investment, an interactive exploration of each principle supported with case studies
- A brief introduction to the CommunityMark
Who should attend?
The course is suitable for community investment and CR professionals from companies of all sectors and sizes. It is particularly relevant to delegates from companies who are either at the beginning of their community investment journey, or who have a less mature community investment programme.
Who to contact for further information
To reserve a place on this module or for further information, please contact CRTraining@bitc.org.uk
BITC Members £480+VAT or 1 credit
Non-members £595 +VAT
Please note that full joining instructions will be disclosed on booking.