By the end of the 2021 parliament, the Scottish Government will have extended Fair Work criteria to many funding streams, business support grants and public contracts. This webinar is an opportunity to discuss what that means in practice for Scottish businesses and influence the implementation.
- show appropriate commitment and investment in skills and training
- make no inappropriate use of zero hours contracts
- take action to tackle the gender pay gap
- display genuine workforce engagement
- pay the real Living Wage.
- 9.30am: Welcome and introductions – Cynthia Marks (Business in the Community Scotland)
- 9.45am: Setting the context of Fair Work First – Rosalind Wilson (Scottish Government)
- 9.55am: Group discussion on the aspects of Fair Work First and how it would affect businesses looking at minimum expected standards, how businesses would evidence various elements and how they would affect a business
- 11.15am: Scottish Government feedback on next steps for this policy – Rosalind Wilson
- 11.25am: Summary and thanks – Cynthia Marks
- 11.30am: Call ends
Full joining instructions will be provided before the event.