This course looks at the fundamentals of what CR and Sustainability is and the imporatance of these to business.
Defining corporate responsibility and sustainability for your company - starting with your mission statements and business drivers, this session will help you define what responsible business practice means for your company, why it is important and how it gives competitive advantage.
- Business insight - a frank account by a speaker from a leading company of how they have achieved internal buy-in, and how they manage CR/sustainability through their business, outlining what has and what hasn't worked.
- Integrated approaches to corporate responsibility - frameworks to conduct your own review of how your company is managing and integrating corporate responsibility, highlight the gaps and develop an action plan.
- Structure and process - exploring and critiquing a range of governance structures that are used in companies to help embed corporate responsibility.
- Acquire practical techniques for getting internal buy-in from the top to the bottom of the company
- A better understanding of the approaches to manage and measure CR and sustainability activities
- Be able to communicate and highlight the business benefits of CR/sustainability
- Learn how to scope out what corporate responsibility and sustainability mean for your company
- Understand the benefits to your business of being responsible
- Understand the different structures that can enable CR/sustainability
The course has been designed for people new to corporate responsibility/sustainability, who may be taking this on as a new part of their job, and for those with wider responsibility who want a better understanding of what CR and sustainability mean to their business.
How to book
To reserve a place on this course or for further information, please contact CRTraining@bitc.org.uk.
Full joining instructions will be sent before the event.
Discounts may be available for delegates from SMEs with fewer than 250 employees.