Learn how to develop a place-based approach to understanding and connecting with local communities
Businesses have an impact on the local communities in which they operate. Understanding and engaging with these communities is crucial to identifying key local stakeholders and the most pressing local issues affecting the community, working with them to co-design the best solutions. All of which help businesses to build trust, whilst ensuring that they are tackling the most business-relevant issues in their local communities, and making a measurable difference.
The purpose of this workshop is for delegates to understand
- Who are your local communities and how do you identify them?
- How do you identify the key issues facing your local communities? And which of these are most relevant to your business?
- How do you engage local stakeholders to identify and understand local need and what are the key mechanisms for this?
- How do you establish a collaborative local place-based approach to working together to tackle the key issues identified?
- What good looks like when taking place-based approaches
This workshop will be of most benefit to participants who
- Have a basic understanding of engaging with communities, and the business case for doing so, and are keen to focus on a place-based approach to understanding and connecting with their local communities
Who should attend?
- CR Managers
- Managers/Heads of Community Investment/Community Engagement/Social Investment/External Affairs
Please note this workshop is for Business in the Community members only and requires one credit for two people.
Please contact Usha Manojkanth, Community Investment Officer for more information.
Full joining instructions and venue details will be sent before the event.