This workshop will share what BITC's leading members from a variety of sectors have been doing to support healthy ecosystems and water resources.
The economy depends on the natural environment landscape; from the soil that produces food and materials, to clean water and clean air, to providing housing for the growing population, or to give beautiful and accessible greenspaces that support mental and physical wellbeing. Every business uses water, has a supply chain that impacts the landscape, and employs people who breath air and benefit from green space whether in an urban context or in the countryside. The protection and development of healthy ecosystems is essential, and every business can participate in this.
- Share what our leading members from a variety of sectors have been doing to support healthy ecosystems and water resources.
- Understand the risk to the resources the business depends on, and what steps to take
- Understand where your organisation impacts on ecosystems and how to manage this Identify how your organisation can use green and blue infrastructure to increase resilience (e.g. to flooding), and improve the local environment
- Colleagues working on the organisation’s environment sustainability programme
- Colleagues with influence on purchasing – particularly from agricultural supply chains e.g. Purchasing, Agricultural managers/advisers, Supply Chain managers, Food service managers
- Colleagues with influence on how buildings and land are managed e.g. Facilities managers, Capital investment managers, Land managers