The experience of being a Business Connector provides a unique opportunity for business people to embed into a local area – developing skills, behaviours and knowledge that can change the way businesses and communities interact and benefit each other.
To date 52 private and public sector organisations have seconded their most talented employees as Business Connectors. The benefits to business include:
- Commercial performance can increase as a result of gaining new market insights
- Employees develop core business skills and develop new ones
- Brand and reputational value are built
- Organisations enjoy greater access to networks across sectors
- Employee engagement levels increase on returning from secondments
Watch our film, which offers a powerful account of the commercial and social value gained by four companies who have seconded Business Connectors:
Read accounts from Business Connectors and seconding organisations
The business case: M&S
Business Connectors create "a deeper understanding of our customers and what matters to them."
The business case: Greggs
Why have Greggs seconded eleven Business Connectors? The company's CEO and People Director explain.