Promoting good work for all, by helping ensure that everyone regardless of background can access employment and thrive in the workplace.
Providing meaningful employment is one of the most significant ways that business contributes to the livelihoods of individuals and communities.
- Adopting new approaches to recruitment and creating quality work experiences makes work more accessible for people who face multiple barriers to employment
- Offering jobs with fair pay, greater security, and opportunities for development can ensure that employment provides a sustainable route out of poverty and boosts business productivity and economic performance
- A diverse workforce should be at the heart of any profitable business, but workplaces today still do not reflect the full diversity of the society in which they operate.
- Inclusive policies and processes progress are needed alongside cultural change to develop a workplace in which staff can realise their potential
- Reporting on targets is essential to keep recruitment, pay and progression-free from bias