Accenture: Responsible Business Champion-Race
Race Equality Award
Accenture is committed to advancing equality in its workforce. Accenture’s Accelerate Programme focuses on leadership and progression for its black employees – enabling current and future black leaders to thrive.
We stand against discrimination whether based on ethnicity, gender,
sexual orientation, disability or any other dimension of diversity.”
Societal and business impact
- Accentures ‘Inclusion starts with I’ video has been viewed by more than 1m people
- To date, 500+ black employees have participated in Accelerate. During 2019, 150+ external participants were invited to participate. A 25% increase on last year.
- Accelerate events help drive a positive progression yield. Accenture has promoted 25% more black employees in the past two years.
- Accelerate supports employee engagement and Accenture’s people report feeling that they are ‘treated fairly regardless of race or ethnic origin’
- Headcount growth continues, with a 43% black headcount growth over the last five years.
- Accenture’s total BAME recruitment has increased from 36.0% in 2015 to 45.1% today.
- Black recruitment increased from 5.9% to 9.3% in the same timeframe.
“We strive for an inclusive organisation which is rich in diversity, provides equal opportunity for all and where everybody can be themselves without out any fear of bias. We stand against discrimination whether based on ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, disability or any other dimension of diversity.” Olly Benzecry
Together we are stronger
Sodexo – Responsible Business Champion: Environment
Sodexo’s Better Tomorrow 2025 commitments are helping them enhance the quality of life and improve the communities they serve.
Octopus Energy – Responsible Business Champion: Environment
Octopus Energy is taking an innovative and customer-focused approach to generating renewable energy and tackling climate change.
Northumbrian Water Group – Responsible Business Champion: Environment
Northumbrian Water Group’s ‘Caretakers of water in our regions’ initiative embraces safeguarding the environment and water supply in their operations for future generations.