Landmarc Support Services – Responsible Business Champion: Age
The Age Friendly Employer Award
An age-diverse workforce is the secret to a thriving service industry. At Landmarc, age diversity is encouraged for success. It is nurturing the skills, knowledge and experience of a multi-generational workforce for high-level performance and customer satisfaction.
Landmarc takes great pride in stimulating a culture where employees of all ages are able to teach, share and learn from one another, creating an environment that is rich with experience and maturity.Mark Neill, Managing Director
- Landmarc is able to offer second career opportunities for veterans.
- Landmarc is able to provide career opportunities for people in remote and rural communities, typically characterised by older generations.
- The company provides excellent flexible working and work-life balance opportunities for its people to help support their mental health and wellbeing.
- Upward shift in employee engagement scores with an increased passion to succeed across all ages.
- Over 99% customer satisfaction, with KPIs consistently exceeded.
- Healthy staff turnover rate of 9%.
- 63% of Landmarc workforce aged 50 or older, with an average employee age of 52; around 25% of its team are veterans and/or reservists.
- Landmarc is a significant rural employer, with 60% of its workforce living in a rural location. Its age-friendly strategies mean that the company is able to make a substantial contribution to the economic prosperity of remote and rural locations, which are increasingly characterised by an ageing population, by providing employment and upskilling opportunities for local people.
Mark Neill, Managing Director, said: “Landmarc takes great pride in stimulating a culture where employees of all ages are able to teach, share and learn from one another, creating an environment that is rich with experience and maturity. “Our Business Strategy and Sustainability Strategy, which is aligned to the United Nation’s Sustainable Development Goals, place people at the heart of our business, enabling us to nurture a diverse workforce that delivers best in class services to our Armed Forces.”
Together we are stronger