Lavazza Professional UK – Responsible Business Champion: Environment
The UPS Environmental Leadership Award
Lavazza Professional UK’s ‘Serious About Sustainability’ initiative aims to globally minimise their environmental impact, reduce landfill waste and support livelihoods of the communities in which they operate. Integrating sustainability across the business and supporting their customers’ personal sustainability journeys.
Calls for a reduction in single-use plastic for food and drink containers increased our commitment to offering our customers and consumersAshley Weller – UK Market Director, Lavazza Professional UK
a revolutionary solution to meet their needs
Lavazza Professional UK has:
- reduced energy usage across 67 factories – saving 10,592,235kwh
- supported and developed over 600,000 farmers’ livelihoods
- planted 269,828 trees
- invested over $3.6m in the region: this year, its programme focus moves to Rwanda and Malawi, where it will strive to make similar if not more impact through broadening its partners to include non-beverage companies including M&S and JD Sports. Its Ambassadors leave a lasting impact, working with the local communities to improve facilities (e.g. tea hangers) helping with bricklaying, cement mixing, and transporting bricks and rocks for the build. Working together with the community demonstrates the support its business is giving to improving the lives of those within its supply chain
- by the end of 2018 the company achieved an 89% reduction in greenhouse gas emissions, versus its end of 2020 target of 80%
- put zero waste in landfill, with 63% recycled and 37% of waste put back into the national grid to generate energy
- refurbished, re-used or recycled all its vending machines
- made 80% of non-coffee purchases from local suppliers
- saved 4144.23kg of Co2 emissions thanks to Corporate Carpooling
- upgraded all its factory assets with LED lighting fitted on all sites.
The company has:
- reduced environmental impact
- created a sustainable supply chain while generating positive publicity: the Lavazza family’s business approach has been replicated in producers, partners, collaborators and consumers.
“We have always been passionate about making a positive difference that goes far beyond our own business and supports our customers on their own individual sustainability journeys. Calls for a reduction in single-use plastic for food and drink containers increased our commitment to offering our customers and consumers a revolutionary solution to meet their needs: KLIX Eco Cup™ marks another step forward in our mission to deliver the most sustainable drinks vending solutions in the world,” Ashley Weller – UK Market Director, Lavazza Professional UK.
TOGETHER WE CAN BECOME PARTNERS IN CHANGE
Advancing Circular Construction: Case studies from the building and infrastructure sectors
Sodexo – Responsible Business Champion: Environment
Sodexo, creating a Better Tomorrow
Octopus Energy – Responsible Business Champion: Environment
Octopus Energy. Doing energy better — for the community and the environment