A BIG STEP FORWARD FOR RESPONSIBLE BUSINESS
Diversity Intelligence is a performance management diagnostic, offering organisations an in-depth assessment of diversity and inclusivity in workplaces. It is designed to help organisations understand where they are doing well, where they can improve and, most importantly, how Business in the Community (BITC) can help them improve and make an impact.
Diversity Intelligence is a big step forward for BITC and for responsible businesses.
Diversity Intelligence takes an intersectional approach and is designed on themes, so organisations can focus on the issues that matter to them.
The thematic assessments
- Diversity profile: looks at how diverse employees are.
- Strategy: assesses a diversity and inclusion strategy, focusing on objectives, public reporting and employee training.
- Leadership: assesses an organisation’s leadership on delivering diversity and inclusion objectives, focusing on accountability, inclusive leadership and board diversity.
- Recruitment: assesses recruitment policies and practices and their impact on creating a more diverse workforce, as well as the diversity of candidates recruited to a business.
- Progression: assesses how an organisation is increasing diversity and inclusivity in senior roles, as well as the diversity of employees progressing into more senior roles.
- Employee engagement: looks at how engaged employees are as well as factors that might encourage them to leave, including bullying and harassment.
- Pay and reward: assesses remuneration policies and pay gaps in a business. Most of this assessment focuses on gender and ethnicity pay gaps and pay quartiles, and looks at this data by level of seniority.
- Life balance: assesses leave policies affecting parents and employees with other kinds of caring responsibilities, as well as flexible working policies. This assessment also asks about the numbers of employees who used parental leave and the number that returned.
Why should BITC members use Diversity Intelligence?
Diversity Intelligence gives participants a summary of performance describing their maturity with respect to diversity and inclusion policies, behaviours and impacts. Bespoke feedback and recommendations focus on the issues for which your business has a partnership (Age, Gender and/or Race), and will form the basis of a bespoke Partnership Plan to achieve responsible business objectives.
How is Diversity Intelligence data collected?
The assessments take the form of a survey that asks quantitative and policy questions. Participants are sent a survey link that is personal and unique to them. They can complete some of the assessment, shut down their computer and come back at a later date to pick up where they left off.
The survey itself is delivered on Qualtrics, an industry-leading platform that meets industry best standards, including the ISO 27001 information security standard. More information is available in Qualtrics’ Security Statement.
How much does it cost?
Any BITC member can use Diversity Intelligence. Diversity Intelligence is built into the Age, Gender, and Race core and champion partnerships. Members with any of these partnerships can use Diversity Intelligence at no additional cost. BITC members that do not have one of these partnerships can still use Diversity Intelligence for a fee of £2,500 plus VAT.
How does Diversity Intelligence relate to the Responsible Business Tracker®
Diversity Intelligence complements the breadth of the Responsible Business Tracker® with a deep-dive into the Diversity and Inclusion segment of the Responsible Business Map
TOGETHER WE CAN BE A FORCE FOR GOOD