The purpose of the Education Taskforce is to develop, test and promote the practical steps that businesses should take to ensure that:
- employers are partnering with schools to support young people from lower socioeconomic backgrounds utilising proven models
- all young people have the skills and experiences they need to thrive as the world of work is transformed
- employers are taking steps to improve access to opportunities and employment for young people from lower socio-economic backgrounds.
As Education Taskforce members build their collective knowledge and experience in these areas, they will also lead the development of new campaign areas to drive change at scale.
- Champion the power of school partnerships. At the heart of this activity is a commitment to partner with schools that support young people from the lowest socioeconomic backgrounds and provide multiple opportunities for them to develop their skills, improve their attainment and gain experience that will support them in future employment.
- Pilot practical approaches within their own businesses to support young people and schools, demonstrating the business benefits including developing the skills of the future workforce.
- Develop and champion Business in the Community’s focus on employment and skills, feeding suggested focus areas up to the Employment and Skills Leadership Team and taking the lead on areas of activity championed by them.
- Drive innovation in the areas of education with a specific focus on the role of employers to create change.