No charge for invited guests
Wed, 23 June 2021
This invitation only event is a virtual roundtable discussion for Chief Financial Officers (CFOs). Hosted by a senior leader it will discuss why taking action on the climate emergency should be part of everyone’s role.
This event will bring c-suite leaders together to help them:
- understand why climate action is everybody’s business
- provide an opportunity to debate how their profession needs to change
- commit to action at a personal and organisational level.
About the webinar
This is a virtual roundtable discussion for Chief Financial Officers (CFOs), hosted by a senior leader.
Attendees will join a conversation around the key challenges and opportunities for CFOS as individuals, organisations and the profession as a whole. The agenda will be structured to make the most of the discussions and allow time for a clear call to action and opportunities to commit to and plan next steps.
We will also be joined by members of Business in the Community’s (BITC) Future Leaders’ Board. This was established in 2018 to help future-proof BITC and its members. This year the board will be taking a more active role by pioneering new ways of working to develop solutions linked to BITC’s campaigning priorities. In 2021 their efforts will be focused on engaging young people with the environment, a key focus area for BITC in the lead up to COP26.
- be asked to commit to creating a climate resilience plan with ambitious net zero carbon targets at its heart
- understand what a transition to a climate resilient, net zero carbon world will mean to your roles
- share insights with us and help us develop professional skills roadmaps for the future
- be asked to be part of our project to bring young people’s voices to shape your climate action plans and identify areas for collaborative innovation.
This event is invitation only and would be suitable for c-Suite leaders, particularly Chief Financial Officers.
Every responsible business must take bold, decisive and urgent action to manage climate-related risks and opportunities and set ambitious net zero targets. In the year the UK is hosting COP26, there is a unique opportunity to demonstrate business leadership on climate action and mobilise all of the business community to move faster and further by publicly committing to climate targets aligned to the Paris Agreement.
Business in the Community’s (BITC’s) Challenge 2030 campaign calls on businesses to put tackling the climate crisis at the heart of building back responsibly after COVID-19 so that we build the resilience of communities to future shocks and together make the climate crisis history.
Find out more about BITC’s Environment agenda.
Contact details and further information
This roundtable is invitation only. For more information about this event contact Florence Hughes, Events Manager at BITC. Full joining instructions will be sent before the event.
Following government advice on social distancing, all BITC events over the coming months will be delivered remotely via digital technology.
Business in the Community is innovating to sustain and repair our planet