New Member Induction: February 2020 – London
Tue, 18 February 2020 @ 09:30 – 16:30
This full-day induction is for new Business in the Community (BITC) members, or people new to their role in an existing member organisation, to find out how to get the best from their membership.
- learn about BITC’s definition of responsible business
- be shown the breadth of work that BITC does and the different ways we support businesses
- understand how to get the best from their BITC membership
- develop an action plan for their own responsible business journey and needs.
About Business in the Community membership
In joining BITC, you join a network of progressive businesses that look beyond the profit motive, want to make a difference within society and are prepared to collaborate to bring about change.
We are the membership organisation for businesses that want to publicly demonstrate a commitment to acting responsibly and invest in building a better society. We have hundreds of members and more than 300 business leaders taking active leadership roles with us.
Most companies (94 per cent) can show or point to evidence that their leaders are committed to doing something, and talk about taking action, but only 17 per cent of their own workforce have targets built into their day-to-day role (source: The Responsible Business Tracker® Insights Report: Raising The Bar), so ambition is not always turned into action.
This event is for BITC members only. It is for representatives from new member organisations, people new to their role as a BITC main contact. It is suitable for all levels and areas of expertise.
There is space for a maximum of two people from each member company.
A sandwich lunch will be served and light refreshments during the day.
Booking and further information
To book your place or for more information, contact RBTraining@bitc.org.uk.
Full joining instructions will be sent before the event.
Business in the Community is:
- developing a skilled and inclusive workforce for today and tomorrow
- building thriving communities where people want to live and work
- innovating to sustain and repair our planet.