Peer learning forum: Gender Pay Gap – London
AudienceBITC members with a gender partnership, Open to all BITC members, Diversity and inclusion practitioners/managers and HR/people/talent management practitioners/managers
Wed, 24 June 2020 @ 09:00 – 14:00
Business in the Community events and COVID-19
In light of the rapidly evolving situation with COVID-19, Business in the Community (BITC) is refining its approach to events in the coming weeks. Many events will now be delivered via digital technology. Those events which do not lend themselves to remote delivery will be assessed on a case-by-case basis.
BITC’s primary goal is to keep people safe so we have taken this decision based on the latest information available from the UK Government, Foreign and Commonwealth Office, Public Health Agencies in England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland, as well as feedback from many of our members.
Please contact Events@bitc.org.uk for more information.
About the peer learning forum
The Peer learning forum: Gender Pay Gap event will focus on how to reduce the gender pay gap and how to improve gender equality in organisations. It is an opportunity for diversity and inclusion and human resources practitioners to come together in a confidential environment to discuss common issues. Good practice will be explored, along with solutions to challenges.
There will be an emphasis on delegate discussion and the sharing of experiences. This interactive session aims to convene members across sectors that are eager to share their experiences and learn from one another.
The gender pay gap is only one of the ways in which gender discrimination in the workplace manifests itself. Delegates will:
- discuss what further steps can be taken to close the gender pay gap
- examine what works in tackling pay gap and gender discrimination in the workplace
- discuss how to remove barriers to promotion to increase the number of women in senior positions
- share impact stories in ensuring women are supported at all levels in an organisation including flexible working, shared parental leave and re-skilling
- understand the significance of intersectionalities and examine ways to support black, Asian and minority ethnic women.
The aims and of the event
- Learning and sharing best practice
- 09:30 Registration and refreshments
- 10:00 Welcome and introductions
- 10:15 Patricia Chinyoka, Senior Diversity Adviser at BITC: Overview of event and expectations
- 11.30 Group discussion: What has worked well in your organisation
- 12:15 Group feedback
- 13:00 Networking lunch
- 14:00 Close
This event is free and open to all BITC gender partners. BITC members without a gedner partnership will be placed on a waiting list and offered one place per organisation on a first-come, first-served basis.
This event is designed for D&I and HR practitioners.
Tea and coffee will be provided on arrival. A light lunch will be served.
Contact details and further information
Use this link to register for Peer learning forum: Gender Pay Gap – London.
For more details, contact Ellie Jefford, Events Coordinator at BITC.
Full joining instructions will be sent before the event.
Filter by type: