Peer Learning Forum: Getting Your Environment Strategy Right
AudienceCR Managers, HR Directors, Responsible business managers, Environment practitioners, BITC members with an environment partnership, Risk management practitioners and Human resources practitioners
Our world economy faces unprecedented environmental challenges, including a changing climate, biodiversity breakdown, and resource constraints. This Peer Learning Forum will help your organisation develop a strategy to manage the risks and the opportunities these challenges present.
This event will:
- help you understand the environmental risks and opportunities facing your organisation
- ensure that your environment strategy fully reflects your organisation’s strategic intentions
- augment understanding of processes needed to successfully develop and integrate environmental business strategy into organisations
- equip you to engage colleagues in the process, explore their roles and next steps to implement the environment strategy throughout the organisation.
This Peer Learning Forum is only open to Business in the Community (BITC) members with an environment partnership. It will benefit colleagues working on, or planning to work on, an organisation’s environment programme. This could include:
- heads of/managers of corporate responsibility, environmental sustainability
- heads of/managers of operations, marketing, finance, facilities, risk/legal, human resources (HR), training, procurement/supply chain management.
Light refreshments will be served.
About Peer Learning Forums
BITC’s Peer Learning Forums provide a confidential environment to discuss common issues, good practice and solutions. There will be an emphasis on discussion and sharing experiences.
About Business in the Community’s environment agenda
BITC’s environment and sustainability agenda encourages innovative and transformational change at the very core of business. Our programmes focus on building a one-planet economy that delivers lasting prosperity through the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) also known as the Global Goals. BITC’s environment work has three priorities: maximising resource productivity in a circular economy; achieving net zero carbon and building resilience to climate risks; water and healthy eco systems.
Business in the Community is working with business to reduce risk and improve the health of water, soil and biodiversity within their supply chain.
Booking and further information
Contact Hannah Chui, Events Manager, BITC.
Full joining instructions will be sent before the event.
Filter by type: