Peer learning forum: Remote Working and Childcare
AudienceOpen to all BITC members, HR/people/talent management practitioners/managers and Diversity and inclusion practitioners/managers
Thu, 04 June 2020 @ 14:00 – 15:00
Business in The Community’s (BITC) Gender campaign is hosting this Remote Working and Childcare peer learning forum.
Acas has advised that employers and employees should be practical, flexible, and sensitive to each other’s situation when working from home because of the COVID-19 pandemic. Employers who furlough need to address the impact on women returning to work and consider the challenges they face when working at home.
At this event, members will discuss how they are supporting their workforce and what strategy changes they have implemented as a result of COVID-19. We will discuss different approaches to remote working throughout 2020/21.
- Agile and flexible working trends and changes
- Employee assistance programme
- Apps and online resources
- The role of employee networks and parenting forums
- Supporting parents and carers with their workload, stress levels and childcare management
- The moral, financial, and emotional impact on employees
- Update on policies and parenting strategies throughout 2020/21
- Home schooling vs workload
- Single-parent households and inclusive childcare resources
- Signposting to include everyone within the workforce from all backgrounds and genders
This event is free and open to BITC members only, with preference given to Gender partners.
It is designed for HR practioners and managers, and diversity and inclusion practioners and managers.
Contact details and further information
Use this link to register for Remote Working and Childcare.
More more information, contact Florence Hughes, Events Manager at BITC.
Full joining instructions will be sent before the event.
In light of government advice for us to all remain at home, Business in the Community (BITC) is delivering all peer learning forums as digital events until 30 June 2020. We will review subsequent events in line with government advice. We will share participant guidance in advance of the sessions to ensure we are delivering high value, impactful discussions and convening opportunities .
Filter by type: