Training course: Community investment strategy – Cohort 29
AudienceOpen to BITC members and non-members
Tue, 25 May 2021 @ 09:30 – 16:30
Discover the five principles of community investment and explore how these can be applied to your business.
The framework provides companies with a clear system on how to evaluate their current activity and plan their community investment strategy and delivery journey. They will also build their knowledge about the range of approaches and tools for social impact evaluation.
Attendees will gain the skills needed to design and deliver an effective community investment strategy and programme. Course groups will be small and the sessions interactive, enabling companies to benefit from one to one support from facilitators and engagement with their peers. By the end of the session, attendees will be able to:
- identify social issues that are most relevant to their business and most pressing to the communities in which they work
- work in partnership with communities
- plan and manage community investment
- inspire and engage employees, customers and suppliers
- measure and evaluate the difference community activity has made for their business and communities.
The module will focus on the following topics:
- Setting the context – the face of community investment now
- The community investment journey, from beginner to advanced and beyond
- The five principles of community investment, an interactive exploration of each principle supported with case studies.
Who should attend?
The course is suitable for community investment and corporate responsibility professionals from companies of all sectors and sizes. It is particularly relevant to delegates from companies who are either at the beginning of their community investment journey, or who have a less mature community investment programme.
Price per individual module
- BITC members £640 plus VAT
- Non-members £800 plus VAT
Companies can take out an Responsible Business Management Training partnership through their core BITC membership.
Find out more about BITC’s ILM accredited six-module training programme for professionals designing and delivering responsible business strategies and corporate responsibility programmes.
Contact for further information
To reserve a place on this module or for further information, contact the Responsible Business Management Training Team.
Following government advice on social distancing, all BITC events over the coming months will be delivered remotely via digital technology. Details on how to join will be sent prior to the event.