Training course: Community Investment Strategy – London
Wed, 17 June 2020 @ 09:30 – 16:30
Business in the Community events and COVID-19
In light of the rapidly evolving situation with COVID-19, Business in the Community (BITC) is refining its approach to events in the coming weeks. Many events will now be delivered via digital technology. Those events which do not lend themselves to remote delivery will be assessed on a case-by-case basis.
BITC’s primary goal is to keep people safe so we have taken this decision based on the latest information available from the UK Government, Foreign and Commonwealth Office, Public Health Agencies in England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland, as well as feedback from many of our members.
Please contact RBTraining@bitc.org.uk for more information.
Discover the five principles of community investment and explore how these can be applied to your business.
The framework provides companies with a clear system on how to evaluate their current activity and plan their community investment strategy and delivery journey. They will also build your knowledge about the range of approaches and tools for social impact evaluation.
Attendees will gain the skills needed to design and deliver an effective community investment strategy and programmes. Course groups will be small and the sessions interactive, enabling companies to benefit from one to one support from facilitators and engagement with their peers. By the end of the session, attendees will be able to:
- identify social issues that are most relevant to their business and most pressing to the communities in which they work
- work in partnership with communities
- plan and manage community investment
- inspire and engage employees, customers and suppliers
- measure and evaluate the difference community activity has made for their business and communities.
The course will focus on the following topics:
- Setting the context – the face of community investment now
- The community investment journey, from beginner to advanced and beyond
- The five principles of community investment, an interactive exploration of each principle supported with case studies
- A brief introduction to the CommunityMark.
Who should attend?
The course is suitable for community investment and corporate responsibility professionals from companies of all sectors and sizes. It is particularly relevant to delegates from companies who are either at the beginning of their community investment journey, or who have a less mature community investment programme.
Price per individual module
- BITC members £640 +VAT
- Non-members £800 +VAT
Companies can take out an Responsible Business Management Training partnership through their core BITC membership.
Contact for further information
To reserve a place on this module or for further information, contact RBTraining@bitc.org.uk.
Full joining instructions will be disclosed on booking.
Find out more about BITC’s ILM accredited six-module training programme for professionals designing and delivering responsible business strategies and corporate responsibility programmes.