Training course: Defining What Matters – Risk and Materiality – London
Tue, 24 November 2020 @ 09:30 – 16:30
Using a risk framework and an impact and likelihood assessment tool we will show you how to get responsible business issues on to your organisation’s risk register.
This will ensure that they are getting the attention at the highest levels. Additionally, we will demonstrate the tools for you to build an accurate materiality matrix for your organisation that considers the opinions of your stakeholders and an assessment of the impact of the issues on your organisational strategic objectives.
By the end of the course, attendees will have:
- a practical understanding of the impact and likelihood assessment of corporate responsibility issues
- a detailed set of tools and techniques for delivering a materiality assessment
- knowledge of how to align those tools with existing management processes
- ability to communicate a strong business case using a risk analysis framework to present a strong business case for responsible business
- first-hand knowledge from a company guest speaker
- ability to use appropriate levels of governance for various business risks.
Additionally, delegate organisations will benefit from a:
- better understanding of risk and materiality in relation to responsible business
- fuller and more robust business case for responsible business.
- The course will focus on the following areas:
- The business context
- Understanding impact and likelihood issues
- Identification and prioritisation
- Practical implementation – the business perspective
- Governance of prioritised risks.
Who should attend?
This course is primarily for responsible business practitioners. However, risk or business unit managers will also benefit.
Price per individual module
- Business in the Community (BITC) members: £640 plus VAT
- Non-members: £800 plus VAT
Companies can also take out a Responsible Business Management Training partnership through their core BITC membership.
Contact for further information
To reserve a place on this module or for further information, contact RBTraining@bitc.org.uk
Full joining instructions will be disclosed on booking.
Find out more about BITC’s ILM accredited six-module training programme for professionals designing and delivering responsible business strategies and corporate responsibility programmes.
AudienceResponsible business practitioners and Risk management practitioners
Following government advice on social distancing, all BITC events over the coming months will be delivered remotely via digital technology. Details on how to join will be sent prior to the event.