Training course: Driving change for Responsible Business – London
Thu, 11 June 2020 @ 09:30 – 16:30
Business in the Community events and COVID-19
In light of the rapidly evolving situation with COVID-19, Business in the Community (BITC) is refining its approach to events in the coming weeks. Many events will now be delivered via digital technology. Those events which do not lend themselves to remote delivery will be assessed on a case-by-case basis.
BITC’s primary goal is to keep people safe so we have taken this decision based on the latest information available from the UK Government, Foreign and Commonwealth Office, Public Health Agencies in England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland, as well as feedback from many of our members.
Please contact RBTraining@bitc.org.uk for more information.
This course, jointly developed by Business in the Community (BITC) and Cranfield University, will give those attending the tools needed to get traction on a company’s responsible business programme.
At the end of this course, attendees should:
- know how to recognise their organisational context and the related enablers and barriers to implementing change for responsible business
- understand which tools to use to drive change
- be able to identify the change their corporate responsibility program is trying to create, how to prioritise issues and manage change projects
- understand how to effectively drive change from their position in the organisation,
Delegate organisations will benefit from:
- a bespoke action plan for initiating a specific change program for corporate responsibility
- more effective identification and delivery of financial, social and environmental goals
- a more efficient and effective approach to integrating corporate responsibility.
- Understanding your change context: evaluating your organisation’s corporate responsibility maturity and values, the specific issues you face, and your own skills and capabilities.
- Using change management for corporate responsibility: what changes are required to integrate CR, and what enablers, obstacles and drivers exist. Special attention is given to driving change from a position of limited authority.
- Change management tools and techniques: how to use them to provide a clear case for change, overcome obstacles and leverage enablers.
- Managing change: how to break down your initiative into manageable parts, continuous communication, conflict management, key performance indicators and timelines.
- Company guest speaker: a speaker from a leading company which has undergone successful change will present their approach to corporate responsibility and managing change.
Who should attend?
The course is designed for anyone with responsibility for integrating and embedding aspects of corporate responsibility within their organisation. They may be a responsible business manager or have responsibility for a specific aspect of responsible business. Their job is to drive change through the organisation to increase financial, social and environmental performance. The course assumes a basic level of responsible business knowledge.
- BITC Members £480 plus VAT or one credit
- Non-members £595 plus VAT
Contact for further information
To reserve a place on this module or for further information, contact CRTraining@bitc.org.uk.
Full joining instructions will be disclosed on booking.
Find out more about BITC’s ILM accredited six-module training programme for professionals designing and delivering responsible business strategies and corporate responsibility programmes.