Training course: Driving Change – London
Wed, 27 May 2020 @ 09:30 – 16:30
Learn how to gain traction for your company’s responsible business programme. Your organisation or sector may call this work corporate responsibility (CR), corporate social responsibility (CSR), sustainability or corporate citizenship but at Business in the Community (BITC) we call it responsible business. Irrespective of the name used, BITC can help you put creating healthy communities and a healthy environment at the centre of your strategy to achieve long-term financial value. This module was developed in conjunction with Cranfield University and will provide the tools needed to identify changes individuals want to make and drive the process from wherever they sit in the organisation.
At the end of this course, attendees will:
- recognise their organisational context and the related enablers and barriers to implementing change for responsible business (RB)
- understand which tools to use to drive change
- identify the change their RB programme is trying to create, how to prioritise issues and manage change projects
- understand how to effectively drive change from their position in the organisation.
Delegate organisations will benefit from:
- a bespoke action plan for initiating a specific change programme for RB
- more effective identification and delivery of financial, social and environmental goals
- a more efficient and effective approach to integrating RB.
- Understanding change context: evaluating the organisation’s corporate responsibility maturity and values, the specific issues faced, and an individuals own skills and capabilities.
- Using change management for corporate responsibility: what changes are required to integrate RB, and what enablers, obstacles and drivers exist. Special attention is given to driving change from a position of limited authority.
- Change management tools and techniques: how to use them to provide a clear case for change, overcome obstacles and leverage enablers.
- Managing change: how to break down initiative into manageable parts, continuous communication, conflict management, key performance indicators and timelines.
- Company guest speaker: a speaker from a leading company that has undergone successful change will present their approach to corporate responsibility and managing change.
Who should attend?
The course is designed for anyone with responsibility for integrating and embedding aspects of RB within their organisation. They may be a RB Manager or have responsibility for a specific aspect of RB. Their job is to drive change through the organisation to increase financial, social and environmental performance. The course assumes a basic level of corporate responsibility knowledge.
Price per individual module
- BITC members £640 +VAT
- Non-members £800 +VAT
Companies can take out an Responsible Business Management Training partnership through their core BITC membership.
Contact for further information
To reserve a place on this module or for further information, contact RBTraining@bitc.org.uk.
Full joining instructions will be disclosed on booking.
Find out more about BITC’s ILM accredited six-module training programme for professionals designing and delivering responsible business strategies and corporate responsibility programmes.