Workshop: North East Environment Conversation – Newcastle-upon-Tyne
Mon, 24 February 2020 @ 14:00 – 17:30
This event, organised by Business in the Community (BITC) and the Environment Agency, will bring together business leaders and local organisations. It will be an opportunity to discuss shared objectives, learn about national and local priorities and initiatives and identify opportunities for collaborative action at a local and regional level to become carbon neutral.
At the event you will have the chance to hear from:
- Heidi Mottram, Chief Executive, Northumbrian Water
- Marie Fallon, Director of Regulated Industry, Environment Agency.
The event will include discussion groups on:
- the circular economy – closing the loop from waste to valuable resource, to benefit people, the environment and the economy
- building for circularity in the North East – changing how we produce and use materials in order to achieve a zero carbon economy
- pride in city – business responsibility with Cllr Nick Kemp, Newcastle City Council Cabinet Member for Environment and Regulatory Services.
This event is open to BITC members and non-members. It is aimed at business leaders and c-suite executives focused on environmental priorities.
Tea and coffee will be provided at the event, followed by a networking reception with refreshments.
For further information or to book, contact Elena Perez, Events Manager.