Workshop: The Circular Office – a sustainable approach to the way we work – Aberdeen
AudienceOpen to BITC members and non-members, HR/people/talent management practitioners/managers and Environment/sustainability practitioners/managers
Wed, 04 March 2020 @ 13:30 – 16:00
Discover best practice on making a circular office at your organisation at this Business in the Community (BITC) event, in partnership with Zero Waste Scotland and funded by ProCirc.
All employees and employers have a physical place of work in some form or another and these spaces have a significant impact on the environment. The Circular Office initiative is about changing the way office spaces are designed, how products are used, and the ways in which people operate in them to eliminate waste and create more efficient, resilient spaces.
This should result in a change in mindset from throwing things away to refurbishing, recycling and regenerating items at the end of their life.
- change how they source, use and dispose of office goods including food, paper, plastic, office furniture, textiles and electronics
- influence employees to change their mindset towards recycling, reusing, commuting and spending habits
- look at the design of new offices or refurbishing and repurposing existing buildings
- build local partnerships with charities, small- and medium-sized enterprises, and other businesses that keep the value of resources going and provide employment.
- 13:30: Arrival and registration
- 13:40: Welcome and introductions from Business in the Community (BITC) and Zero Waste Scotland
- 14:00: Making workplaces more circular – lessons from business. Speakers to be confirmed
- 15:00: Identifying Circular Office changes your organisation can make – interactive session
- 15:45: Reviewing lessons and committing to action – BITC and Zero Waste Scotland
- 16:00: Workshop closes
Tea and coffee will be provided on arrival.
This workshop is free to both members and non-members of BITC. It is designed for senior managers, heads of and directors working in human resources, facilities, procurement and sustainability.
Contact details and further information
For more details, contact Peter Ramsey, Campaign Manager – Circular Procurement at BITC.
Full joining instructions will be sent before the event.