Creating healthier, happier and more productive employees is a key issues that responsible businesses focus on.
Join the campaign
New Wellbeing membership now available at Core and Champion levels - see the benefits.
We are working in really tough times which look set to continue. People are putting in longer hours, are more stressed and feel anxious about the future, particularly job security and their financial future.
The UK is ranked ninth for engagement levels amongst the world’s twelfth largest economies as ranked by GDP (Kenexa 2009)
A recent ONS survey found that output per hour in the UK was 15 percentage points below the average for the rest of the G7 industrialised nations; on an output per worker basis, UK productivity was 20 percentage points lower than the rest of the G7 in 2011. This represents the widest productivity gap since 1995.
Stress at work, leading to long-term absence, has more than doubled since the 1990s, with an estimated 500,000 suffering from work-related stress in the UK. Yet only a third of employees received any support to manage workplace stress.
Raising engagement and productivity was a key challenge in 2013 highlighted by CEO’s in the recent CEO Challenge study.
What we ask of business
- We ask business to take a proactive approach to managing employee wellbeing and engagement by adopting BITC’s Workwell model, because your business is at its best when your people are at their best.
- We would like business to commit to a journey of improvement on wellbeing and engagement.
- With our help, we ask businesses to publically report on employee wellbeing and engagement against the BITC benchmark.
What we offer business
- Our ‘Building the Movement’ Programme' featuring debates, webinars and workshops, as well as the option to become a member of the Workwell Leadership Team.
- We also offer healthy workplace packs; toolkits on issues such as healthy eating and muscular skeletal disorders and a free on-line tool for managers – managing emotional resilience
- We can offer help and advice to any businesses who wish to develop in any area of employee wellbeing and engagement.