Business in the Community's Circular Economy Taskforce has launched a new ‘Circular Office’ campaign to enable businesses to come together to learn and share, and at a very practical level to try out new ideas to increase resource productivity and reduce waste in their offices and other workplaces.
This event is an opportunity to explore collaborative action at a city-level through the Circular Office campaign. The opportunities to be explored through the campaign include:
- Operations – exploring themes such as food, paper, electronics, textiles, furniture and plastics.
- Procurement – Office goods and services, the design of offices and the contracting of waste management services.
- Employee influence – At work and at home, through their behaviour (e.g. recycling, reusing) and spending choices (from food, to hotel or transport choices).
- New offices and refurbishment/repurposing – Design and refurbishment/repurposing of offices.
- Local partnerships (social enterprises, charities, SMEs) – To create social value and local employment through increased circularity
To kick-off this exciting new programme of work, we are holding a launch event on 11th October from 9:00am- 1:00pm at PwC’s offices in Cardiff.
The launch in Cardiff will provide an opportunity to:
- Learn more about the campaign and opportunities to participate;
- Hear from members of BITC's Circular Economy Taskforce and others about the work they are doing and the potential they see for real action and impact through the campaign;
- Explore initial ideas for action within your own company or organisation; and
- Explore opportunities for collaborative action within specific pilot cities.
Following the launch, we will begin on a 12-month programme of work with participating companies. This will include a series of workshops, webinars and on-line peer learning opportunities. This event is part of a series we are holding in Manchester, Peterborough and London to explore opportunities for city-wide action..