We need to open the conversation surrounding this taboo subject and to learn more about prevention techniques and postvention practices.
- Almost 5,000 people in England took their own life in 2015.
- A person dies by suicide every 107 minutes.
- Suicide is now the main cause of death for men under 50.
- Although women are less likely to die by suicide than men, the rate of female suicide is the highest in more than a decade.
- 5.2 million working days are lost due to stress, anxiety and depression.
- The number of deaths by suicide is more than double that of deaths by road accidents (4820 compared to 1732 in 2015).
View and download the toolkits:
Business in the Community in partnership with PHE (Public Health England) have produced a series of toolkits that take a whole system approach to wellbeing including two that focus on suicide and crisis management in the event of a suicide. These toolkits, supported by the Samaritans offer practical advice for employers to follow in the aftermath of an employee suicide as well as for the prevention of a suicide. Join our webinar to take a deep dive into the recommended actions.
This webinar is part of the Companies Doing Better By Doing Good series of events.