We are delighted to announce a new partnership opportunity that has been created to support employers respond effectively to the ageing population and the needs of older workers, leveraging the benefits of effective intergenerational working.
"The Age leadership team at Business in the Community is taking action to retain, retrain and recruit more older workers, to enable them to stay in good quality work for longer. As the number of people over 50 grows, and businesses continue to face skills shortages, valuing older workers is crucial. I am inviting all employers to become an Age campaign partner and reap the benefits of an age-inclusive workforce for your business and your customers".
Andy Briggs, CEO Aviva UK Insurance
Did you know…
- Between 2005 and 2015 the number of people working over the age of 50 in the UK has increased by 2.5 million.
- By 2022, the UK economy will need to fill 14.5 million job vacancies created by people leaving the workforce and by new positions being created.
- It is estimated that there will only be seven million young people available to fill them – leaving a labour shortage of 7.7 million people.
Organisations partnering with Business in the Community benefit from :
- Best practice and insights via brokered conversations, events, and networking opportunities with peers from our membership of 200+ employers
- A dedicated Diversity Adviser to provide tailored specialist guidance to meet specific workplace needs and business challenges
- Access to our well-established benchmark, an in-depth, comprehensive management tool to inform needs analysis and enable strategic action planning.
- Cutting-edge toolkits and research on diversity and inclusion issues
- Practical training workshops, events and peer learning forums.
We offer two levels of partnership that allow organisations to join at a level that reflects their priorities.
Learn more about the partnership offer and how it can benefit your organisation >>