AXA UK partners with Business in the Community to help communities tackle coronavirus
- Insurer commits £1m to Business in the Community’s new initiative, The National Business Response Network, set up to meet urgent community needs arising from the coronavirus pandemic.
- The network focuses its activity on helping communities navigate their way through the COVID-19 pandemic by matching them with businesses that can offer support.
- The donation marks the start of the partnership, with AXA UK joining Business in the Community’s Board of Trustees.
AXA UK is donating £1m to Business in the Community (BITC) as part of its response to the COVID-19 epidemic and support for the charity’s recently formed National Business Response Network.
The donation marks the start of the partnership between the insurer and BITC, a charity and The Prince’s Responsible Business Network, with AXA joining BITC’s Board of Trustees and becoming a founding partner of The National Business Response Network.
Organised as a response to the COVID-19 crisis, the National Business Response Network connects national and local community groups, businesses, local authorities and charities with businesses that can offer support; ensuring resources are delivered to the right place, at the right time.
Over the coming months, AXA will provide help in the form of volunteering (both on the ground or virtual). The partnership will allow colleagues from across the country to contribute, using their skills and time to support communities.
The network focuses its activity on four areas helping communities navigate their way through the COVID-19 pandemic:
- Food: Ensuring people have continued access to food
- Technology: Support to enable children to continue learning, and older people to stay connected to families
- Community support: Support to vulnerable groups and older people to enable continued access to food, healthcare, social interaction and other essentials
- Small businesses: Creating resources with advice and practical tools specifically for small businesses; providing business continuity and wellbeing support through mentoring for small businesses
The network is supported by more than 300 business leaders, committed and ready to take action by mobilising their thousands of employees, supply chains and partners in their community.
The business resources the National Business Resource Network matches to community needs are:
- Professional support: Using the resources and goodwill of member companies to provide support for national and local businesses throughout the UK
- Lending/donating resources: Lending or donating resources to organisations and people to meet need
- Logistics: Transportation of resources, goods and services
Claudio Gienal, Chief Executive Officer, AXA UK & Ireland, says:
“During this crisis, it is vital that our communities receive much-needed support from businesses that have the capacity to help. The National Business Response Network utilises the resources and expertise of companies across the UK to support communities and businesses up and down the country. AXA is proud to play its part as a founding partner of the network; offering our support not just during this pandemic, but for the future as well.”
Amanda Mackenzie OBE, Chief Executive, Business in the Community, says: “With AXA’s £1m investment as a founding partner to develop and build the capacity of the National Business Response Network, we will be able to match large business offers of support to local community needs. Put simply, this support will save lives and provide a springboard to help our communities across the UK bounce back and recover as fast as possible. Through our National Business Response Network, and with AXA’s support, we can provide lifelines to people and communities affected by the pandemic.”
Katherine Howbrook, head of media and external affairs, Business in the Community, email firstname.lastname@example.org, Tel 07515 119096.
About Business in the Community
Business in the Community is the oldest and largest business-led membership organisation dedicated to responsible business. We were created nearly 40 years ago by HRH The Prince of Wales to champion responsible business.
We inspire, engage and challenge members and we mobilise that collective strength as a force for good in society to:
- develop a skilled and inclusive workforce for today and tomorrow;
- build thriving communities where people want to live and work;
- innovate to sustain and repair our planet.
About the AXA Group
The AXA Group is a worldwide leader in insurance and asset management, with 160,000 employees serving 108 million clients in 57 countries. In 2019, IFRS revenues amounted to E103.5bn and underlying earnings to E6.5bn. AXA had E974bn in assets under management as of 31 December 2019.
In the UK and Ireland, AXA operates through a number of business units including: AXA Insurance, AXA PPP healthcare and AXA Ireland. AXA UK and Ireland employs about 10,000 staff.
The AXA ordinary share is listed on compartment A of Euronext Paris under the ticker symbol CS (ISN FR 0000120628 – Bloomberg: CS FP – Reuters: AXAF.PA). AXA’s American Depository Share is also quoted on the OTC QX platform under the ticker symbol AXAHY.
The AXA Group is included in the main international SRI indexes, such as Dow Jones Sustainability Index (DJSI) and FTSE4GOOD.
It is a founding member of the UN Environment Programme’s Finance Initiative (UNEP FI) Principles for Sustainable Insurance and a signatory of the UN Principles for Responsible Investment.
Filter by type: