“ Quite often it is the small process of understanding needs and looking at what companies can offer and linking them up that can make large differences to both parties, often on a long term basis. And just as often, as we have seen in Waitrose, it is the business that benefits as much as the community. ”
To date 50 private and public sector organisations have seconded their most talented employees as Business Connectors. The business benefits of being part of this movement include:
- Commerical performance can increase as a result of gaining new market insights
- Employees develop core business skills and develop new ones
- Brand and reputational value are built
- Organisations enjoy greater access to networks across sectors
- Employee engagement levels increase on returning from secondments
Watch our film, which offers a powerful account of the commercial and social value gained by four companies who have seconded Business Connectors:
Read accounts from Business Connectors and seconding organisations:
Gavin Morton of Lloyds Banking Group tells us how his secondment as a Business Connector put him in the ideal position to step up into a new and exciting job.
Gavin was a...
Gavin Bounds, Chief Operating Officer, Fujitsu tells us why seconding some of his best people out of the company for a year has uncovered hidden talent.
I believe we have...
On 23 Nov 2011 Accenture advertised the Business Connector role to its North West staff and I immediately applied.
To be honest, looking back I didn’t quite realise what...