This structured programme offers 2 days of training, a 2 week work placement with a leading business and post-placement support through coaching, events and drop-in sessions.In the past 10 years we have supported over 2,000 people into employment, making ours the most successful national employability programme in the UK for this client group.
Of those who take part in our Ready for Work programme:
- 30% are former rough sleepers
- 27% have unspent convictions
- 25% have a former alcohol or drug dependency
- 12% have been in care
- 6% are ex-armed forces
Working in partnership with local referral agencies, our regional programme managers can successfully identify people who want to find work but need the extra support from business to get there.
Clients who will benefit from Ready for Work are actively seeking employment and enthusiastic about the opportunities that a work placement can bring.
To take part in our programmes, all clients must be:
- homeless or are at risk of homelessness due to insecure housing arrangements, criminal convictions, leaving care or a number of other factors
- aged 18 or over
- eligible to work in the UK
- able to demonstrate basic communication skills – reading and writing in English
- risk assessed if they have an unspent conviction