Business in the Community Annual Report 2019
Strength in Numbers
About this report
The Business in the Community Annual Report 2019 profiles the impact Business in the Community has had working with our members across three main focus areas.
- Creating a skilled and inclusive workforce for today and tomorrow.
- Building thriving communities where people want to live and work.
- Innovating to sustain and repair our planet.
Where we are today
This year has been the most successful year since 2010 in terms of large companies joining BITC as new
members. This is significant in the current uncertain economic and political climate. It shows the value of
membership at a time when consumers, investors, employees and wider society want higher standards
from business. Among those to join us are important brands like Burberry, which is focused on solving
responsible-business challenges in the fashion industry; Merlin, which is committed to supporting our work in communities, in particular in Blackpool; and Hachette, which is keen to increase diversity and
open a wider flow of talent in the publishing sector.
Find out more
- The Responsible Business Map
- The Responsible Business Tracker
- Join us – find out how your organisation can become a member