For the 2016 Holyrood Elections, BITC Scotland identified five areas which need to be tackled in order to create a National Action Plan, and assessed each political party's policies against them.
The five areas against which the Scorecard assesses are:
- Ensure that age, gender, race and health do not limit an employee’s engagement and success in the workplace.
- Design smart ways to generate wealth so that our economy becomes regenerative, ensuring future business success.
- Prevent social background predicting a young person's success at school and beyond.
- Help people overcome disadvantage by increasing access to good, sustainable employment.
- Create jobs and vibrant communities by supporting small local businesses.