This year Sky has brought all its data and progress against targets together in one succinct, online update and have expanded their reporting to provide more information across the enlarged Sky group, which now includes UK, Ireland, Germany, Austria and Italy. Over the last year it has been embedding their responsible business approach across the expanded group.
In its latest Bigger Picture Performance update, there is more about how Sky is reaching beyond their business, helping to unlock the potential in young people and inspiring a nation to get on their bikes.
The report details their progress across Sky's Bigger Picture approach, including how they’re providing safe and sustainable products that are accessible for everyone; managing their environmental impacts; creating a workplace for the future; strengthening their work with suppliers and keeping their customers’ data safe.
For further information about Sky’s Bigger Picture approach to responsible business, visit sky.com/biggerpicture
- Contributed £7.6b to GDP across the business and supported 130,000 jobs across Europe
- Annual investment of £5.2bn in the creative industries.
- 44% reduction in carbon emissions in the UK and Ireland since 2008.
- 100% of suppliers with more than £100k spend independently assessed for inherent risk
- 38% of Top 400 leaders in the UK & Ireland are female.
- 157,700 young people have taken part in initiatives across the group to unlock their potential
- Supported WWF’s Earth Hour with a European campaign: reaching more than 24 million people across Europe with the first ever Earth Hour TV advert and a social media campaign
- Over 1 million participants in Sky Ride since launch in 2009