100 High Streets took part in the Healthy High Streets Programme. Collectively the initiative helped
- Stimulate over 10.8 million extra public visits since Healthy High Streets launched
- Encourage more than 500 local business people from our corporate partners (high street champions) to actively engage with their high street over the past three years
- Cut vacant units by 18% in first-year towns and, overall, by 9.4% in empty properties across all three years
- Contribute to a vibrant town environment in which 12,000 plus jobs were created
- Bring in over £70m investment from corporate partners in Healthy High Streets towns since 2014
This document sets out the learning from this programme and provides practical advice and examples, including inspiring ideas from some of the 100 towns that were part of the programme. It also identifies ten key actions business can take to support local high streets.