The 18 members of the Club are institutional fund trustees, senior executives or senior specialists who had a proven track-record in playing a relevant leadership role in public and private institutional funds and endowments.
The Marathon club actively:
- Focuses pension funds, endowments and other institutional investors (“institutional funds”) and their agents to be more long-term in thinking and action
- Encourage more emphasis on being responsible and active owners
- View to increase knowledge about how investment strategies could increase long term financial/qualitative buying power of fund beneficiaries
The Club publish materials to provide guidance to trustees/consultants on how they could foster a more long-term and responsible approach to investment and promote principles of Long-Term Long-Only (LTLO) investment
- Published “Long-Term Long-Only” consultation paper
- Published “Statement on Pension Fund Accounting”
- Published “Behavioural Aspects of Investment Management Lessons from the Credit Crunch”
The Marathon Club is no longer active.