Own the Conversation, Drive the Change Conversation Kit
Business leaders can use this toolkit to help hold conversations about how their organisation can contribute to achieving the Global Goals. The United Nations Member States adopted the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), also known as the Global Goals, as a universal call to action to end poverty, protect the planet and ensure that all people enjoy peace and prosperity by 2030. Business leaders must look at how their organisations can contribute if we are to meet the deadline.
This kit is made up of three parts:
- Planning the conversations, provides the information needed to plan and organise conversations about achieving the global goals.
- The Global Goals, offers an overview of the Global Goals to equip business leaders with the relevant content to shape and deliver the conversations.
- Communications resources, provides collateral that businesses may find useful in both setting up conversations and communicating externally about their involvement.
Not enough businesses are aware of, or strategically engaging with, the Global Goals in order for the 2030 targets to be met1 2. Leaders must engage their peers to encourage strategic, practical engagement with the Global Goals to deliver on them by 2030.
Business in the Community’s (BITC) Own the Conversation, Drive the Change conversation kit helps leaders identify and reflect on what to change, and how to act, to help achieve the Global Goals. Then can then drive change both within their own business and influence their business partners.
- Business in the Community (2018), Report: Towards the Tipping Point: Global Goals Guide for Business
- Business in the Community (2019), Report: Responsible Business Tracker® Insights – Raising The Bar