- This event has passed.
Green Skills for a Net Zero Wales
Thu, 26 October @ 07:45 – 10:30
This is an in-person event.
Open to Business in the Community (BITC) members and non-members. This event has been designed to benefit senior leads from businesses based or with a presence in Wales.
With increasing pressure from investors, customers, and employees for authentic climate action, now is the time to ensure that your business is harnessing and building the right culture and capabilities to deliver it.
BITC has championed a Just Transition for a fair, inclusive and resilient net zero future since the Seven Steps for Climate Action publication during COP26. This work explores vulnerability in the transition, who is at risk and how we mitigate against these effects.
BITC is also working with the Wales SME Taskforce on Climate, with NatWest, FSB, ACCA, Cynnal Cymru, British Business Bank and Business Wales, a collaboration which aims to help SMEs see climate action as a priority.
About the Event
This is your opportunity to connect with senior leaders in businesses of all sizes across Wales to exchange ideas on how we can grow a skilled workforce that meets Wales’s net zero commitments. As well as narrow the skills divide, tackle inequality, and boost good jobs that lift people out of poverty and ensure a just transition, meaning no one is left behind.
We invite you to explore the current landscape of green skills, identify the support required to succeed and learn from BITC’s network.
We hope you can join us to help us build a stronger, fairer, greener Wales.
- Vaughan Gething MS, Minister for the Economy
- Helen Brand OBE, Chief Executive, ACCA
- Gemma Casey, Ecosystem Manager, NatWest
- Rhianydd Jenkins, Director of Development and Regeneration, RHA Wales
- Bethan Jones – HR Director, Wales & West Utilities
- Kay Martin OBE, Group Principal, Cardiff and Vale College
- Tracy Rees, Senior Lead and Interim Director Wales, BITC
- Gudrun Cartwright, Climate Action Director, BITC
Complimentary breakfast rolls, tea, coffee and fruit juice will be served.
Booking and contact details and further information
- For more information, please contact the Events Team.
- Full joining instructions will be sent before the event.