TOGETHER WE CAN
In joining Business in the Community (BITC), you join a network of progressive businesses who look beyond the profit motive, who want to make a difference within society and who are prepared to collaborate to bring about change.
We are the membership organisation for businesses who want to publicly demonstrate a commitment to acting responsibly and invest in building a better society. We have hundreds of members and more than 300 business leaders taking active leadership roles with us.
94 per cent of companies can show or point to evidence that their leaders are committed to doing something, and talk about taking action, but only 17 per cent of their own workforce have targets built into their day-to-day role (source: The Responsible Business Tracker® Insights Report: Raising The Bar), so ambition is not always turned into action.
The three components of membership
Membership is designed to provide value for every organisation irrespective of what stage it is at and its ability to engage.
- Dedicated relationship manager
- The Responsible Business Tracker®
- One core partnership (see engagement)
- Recognition and profiling opportunities via BITC Responsible Business Awards
- Invitations to a calendar of webinars, events and networking opportunities.
- Representation on our Regional Advisory Boards
- Exclusive online content including toolkits, insight and case studies, and member newsletters
- Use of the Business in the Community brand
This offers a range of partnerships in specific issue areas, including Diversity and Inclusion, Wellbeing, Community and Environment, intended to facilitate deeper engagement and meet member needs. There are also partnerships on Strategy and Purpose and a programme of Responsible Business Management Training
This is for members seeking to work with BITC to demonstrate leadership and drive impact across an issue over a multi-year period.
These are a bespoke offer and may include a place on one of our issue-specific Leadership Teams, participation in Taskforces, leading or participating in a Prince’s Seeing is Believing visit, sponsorship of research and campaigning, hosting and networking, or taking our platforms and channels to act as an advocate for responsible business.
Leadership offers enable enhanced influence over local, regional and national policymaking, organisational profile, contribution to thought leadership and networking with other senior leaders.
The cost of membership depends on the size and turnover of your organisation and how many opportunities you wish to access. Our membership team are available to discuss this further with you.
Want to know more? For a speedy response, direct your enquiry to the right place.
- Complete the form below to enquire about how you can join the Responsible Business network
- Visit the race page to find out more about signing the Race at Work Charter
- Visit the environment page to make the Waste to Wealth Commitment
- Email all general enquiries about Business in the Community to the website helpdesk