Careers at Business in the Community
Business in the Community is a business-charity focused on promoting responsible business practice. Our vision is for every business to act responsibly and to ensure a sustainable future for all. We undertake this ambition via our staff of circa 250 employees working in offices across England, Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland.
FIND YOUR PERFECT CAREER AT
BUSINESS IN THE COMMUNITY
Internally known as Walking the Talk, our values define our pioneering culture that is focused on collaborative and passionate working that is always undertaken with integrity.
- Being ambitious
- Thinking creatively
- Challenging the norm
- Leading through innovation
- Seeking and sharing knowledge
- Listening to and valuing each others’ contributions
- Recognising achievements
- Getting involved
- Leading by example
- Being proud of what we do
- Believing in the mission
Acting with integrity
- Respecting each other
- Respecting your commitments
- Being consistent and fair
- Being honest and transparent
- Moving together in one direction
- Delivering results to achieve our mission
- Staying (keeping) relevant to our mission
- Delivering excellence in all we do
Diversity and inclusion at Business in the Community
Business in the Community is committed to being an inclusive employer that celebrates and values the diversity of our workforce. We are actively working with our staff diversity networks to continually improve our approaches. We learn from best practice taken from business and society.
We value all staff and our ambition is to become an exemplar employer, working across all aspects of diversity and inclusion. We work on the intersectionalities of age, disability, race, ethnicity, religion or belief, sex, gender identity or gender expression, sexual orientation, marriage and civil partnership.
Business in the Community’s progression on the Race at Work Charter Commitments
Business in the Community is a signatory of the Race at Work Charter.
Download How BITC is living its Charter Commitments to find out how we work together to live up to the promise of being anti-racist. The briefing, introduced by Amanda Mackenzie, CEO, Business in the Community explains how the commitments undertaken by signing the Race at Work Charter are being embedded into the daily life of BITC.
Wellbeing at Business in the Community
- Annual leave: 25 days annual leave per year, rising on a sliding scale to a maximum of 30 days after ten years service. It is also possible to “buy” and “sell” unused days.
- Pensions: We operate a Group Personal Pension scheme, which you can join after three months’ service. Business in the Community will contribute up to 5 per cent of salary providing you contribute a minimum of 2.5 per cent.
- Season ticket loan: We offer interest-free loans for annual season ticket travel to all our staff.
- Childcare vouchers: We participate in the HMRC recognised Childcare Voucher salary sacrifice scheme. Our provider is Edenred.
- Cycle to work scheme: We participate in the HMRC Cycle loan scheme.
- Employee volunteering: All staff are encouraged to volunteer in their local communities. You can take part in volunteering activities with your team while working at Business in the Community and you also have the option of taking two days additional paid leave to volunteer in work time.
- Life assurance: Payment of four times the annual salary will be paid to the estate of any individual in the event of death while they are employed at Business in the Community.
Learning, development and training opportunities
A two-day induction programme in our London office ensures you will get off to a good start, meeting our directors and learning more about our purpose, culture, values and areas of focus.
We encourage all our colleagues to share their knowledge, insights and personal interests through regular lunch and learn sessions. You will also have access to online learning resources and if you need to gain a professional or academic qualification you will have time off to study and can apply for a financial contribution.