- This event has passed.
PLF: International Standards – Sustainability reporting
Tue, 24 October @ 10:00 – 11:30
This event forms part of a series covering the impact of new international standards. This event will focus on the implications of the standards on environmental management and reporting.
Join the other event in the series, International Standards: how to respond, taking palce on 31 October.
This is an online event.
Attendance is by invitation only. This event is designed for members with advisory days in environment.
The aims and objectives of the event
This year we have seen an ever-increasing alphabet soup of new corporate sustainability reporting requirements, coming straight from mandatory Task Force on Climate-related Financial Disclosures (TCFD) reporting for many large businesses. These include:
- Corporate Sustainability Reporting Directive (CSRD)is a major overhaul of the EU’s sustainability reporting rules, and it will require large companies to report more comprehensive and detailed information on their Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) impacts.
- The International Sustainability Standards Board (ISSB) has release two new sustainability standards (IFS1 and IFS2) but crucially, the ISSB has now been asked to take over responsibility for monitoring the progress of companies’ climate-related disclosures from the Financial Stability Board’s (FSB) and (TCFD) as of next year, following a request from the FSB.
- The Science Based Target Network (SBTN) has now released the first tranche of guidance for companies looking to set Science-Based Targets for Nature, which will complement and work alongside companies set science-based emissions targets.
Join us at our Peer Learning Forum (PLF), where we will share information about the new standards, how to understand your legal obligations, how to get ahead of the pack, and how to integrate it seamlessly into your existing reporting infrastructure.
Booking, contact details and further information
- Please contact Megan Gillett, Events Coordinator at BITC for any further questions.
- Full joining instructions will be sent before the event.