BITC Job Coaching – Resources for Referral Partners
Welcome to Business in the Community’s (BITC’s) job coaching resources page where you can find everything you need as a referral partner.
BITC job coaching is designed for jobseekers to improve their chances of a successful job outcome. It comprises in-depth and tailored one-to-one support delivered by business volunteers to help in the following areas:
- Developing essential and digital skills.
- Increased knowledge of the job market and skills to progress towards employment.
- Opening new perspectives on the options that exist.
- Enhanced wellbeing and resilience to stay positive and connected to the world of work.
The programme mobilises employees at our member businesses who volunteer to become coaches and offers a minimum of six one-to-one coaching sessions.
Jobseekers access the programme by referral from one of our partner organisations.
BITC’s Job Coaching platform
The Job Coaching platform refers jobseekers to BITC’s job coaching programme. The referral process is straightforward and takes just a few minutes to be completed by an adviser or via self-referral. It will ask for the name and contact details of the referring organisation.
Working with BITC
BITC Job Coaching offers a free and distinctive way to enhance your current employment service. How we will work with you:
- BITC will support and brief your staff on referral processes, eligibility criteria and programme expectations.
- Our team will work with you to connect your clients with trained business volunteer coaches.
- Onboarding, training, and management of the business volunteers who are providing the coaching is managed by BITC to ensure jobseekers are supported effectively.
- Throughout the process we will collate and share impact and evaluation data around success and outcomes.
Contact the team
Email the Programmes Team who are ready to help with any questions, queries or requests for support in relation to BITC Job Coaching.
Learn more about the impact that job coaching can have for community organisations and the participants they support:
- The Challenge Group’s experience of being a referral partner on the programme.
- Rosina’s success as a participant.
- Michael’s experience as a coach.
- Irene’s career turning point as a participant.
For organisations considering partnership
- Referral Partner Summary Brochure
Learn more about becoming a referral partner.
Resources for staff training
- Live online briefing (14:00 Wednesdays)
Join us for a weekly live open house session to hear directly from the BITC team about the programme, which clients it is suitable for and how to refer individuals to the programme.
- Video briefing
Use our 15-minute video introduction for your team to view independently or as a group at a time that suits. Please note, this video is up to date as of February 2023. Check with the coaching team for the latest information.
Resources for introducing your clients
- Job coaching A5 flyer
Print or email these A5 colour flyers to inform customers about job coaching.
- Job coaching A3 poster
Print and display this colour poster on noticeboards to raise awareness about the programme.
- Welcome to Job Coaching – introduction for registered clients (Wednesdays 11:00)
Registered clients can join us at our weekly live Welcome to Job Coaching session to hear directly from the BITC team, complete their registration and select their preferred coach.